Friday, January 20, 2017

Time Strategies

Today is Friday, January 20th, 2017, and I am completing the Time Management assignment.

This post is going to be a great brain dump, where I can write down what I've planned for this semester, and where I can hold myself accountable for it too.

I have five or six days to homework: Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Friday, and Saturday, and maybe half of Sunday. I can't do homework on Thursdays because I work all day. I have nine classes (I'm dually enrolled at OU and TCC), a gigantic homework load. I like to work on a class (or two) per day. Instead of splitting my assignments in days, I split my classes in days. I work on one class one day, another class the next day. I find it easier to focus and get things done.

Each day I have about six hours to do homework. I am going to work on two classes per day, three hours each. I figured each class will take me three hours per day.

I am also going to complete as much work as I can during the first eight weeks of school. So I have created a calendar in Excel that outlines all work for sixteen weeks smashed into eight weeks. I have chosen to do this because I tend to get busier after week 8 and I tend to lose motivation to do homework, so I decided to do all of it when I have the motivation. I realize there will be work I can't complete until that week, so I will note those assignments and do them the week of, but most of the assignments, I can complete early, so I will so that all I will have to do is just what I couldn't do early.

I love quotes, so that is what I will insert as my image most of the time.

"All time management begins with planning." That's why I spend the first day of the semester planning my semester.
Source: (Google Images)

No comments:

Post a Comment