Friday, January 20, 2017

Week 1: Storybook Favorites

Today is Friday, January 20th, 2017, and I am completing the Browse the Storybooks assignment.

The House to a Wife of Many
The first thing that caught my attention was the title. It really reminded me of one of my favorite characters of the Mahabharata, Draupadi, who was wife to five men. The introduction was very well-written, and it constantly grabbed my attention and it made me want to continue to read the story. I continued to read and saw in the author's notes that the stories came from the inspiration of Sita. I thought: "well, how interesting. I thought the story was based from Draupadi." But I was quite wrong.

Parvati's Counseling Service
There were two things that really caught my eye in this storybook: the title and the motto. I thought the motto was really grabbing: "Helping To Strengthen Your Marriage, One Meeting At A Time". It sounded so professional that it sparked my curiosity to read the storybook. I went on to read it, and oh my goodness, I loved it so much because it was like people calling in to some help line and they were getting solutions to their problems. I think this storybook was very well-written too!

My Journey To India
This storybook attracted me to it because I thought someone was writing about his/her journey to India after taking this class. I opened it up to see that it was based on the Ramayana. Hmmmm, interesting comparison. And come to think of it, it is very similar to a "journey to India". The Ramayana was more like a "journey to Lanka", to free Sita, so I really liked where the idea came from and how the student wrote the story. It seemed to real that I just started flowing with it. Kudos to the student who wrote it! That's all I can say!

I just included a picture of my favorite of these three storybooks.
Source: (Blogger)

No comments:

Post a Comment