Monday, March 20, 2017

Reading Notes: Arni's The Missing Queen, Ch 1 - 3

This week, for the extra credit reading, I started reading Samhita Arni's The Missing Queen. When I started reading it, I was quite surprised at how well the book is written.

The Ramayana has truly been given a new twist in this book. At one point, Rama and Sita entered Ayodhya in a Cadillac, and I remember my first thought was: "Whatttttt? Rama and Sita in a Cadillac?". Now that's a plot twist like no other.

There is a journalist who is taking the interview of Rama and Kaikeyi and asking the same question: what happened to Sita? The boss of the journalist is not pleased with the journalist (whose name is still unknown to the readers at this point) because that is not something the readers of a newspaper would want to read about. But nonetheless, the journalist wants to publish the truth, not the bent truth. I'm excited to read the next portion of the book, in hopes of finding the journalist's name and to see whether the journalist gets to publish what he/she wants.

Click here for a reading guide to Samhita Arni's The Missing Queen.

The cover of The Missing Queen
Source: (Google Images)

2 comments:

  1. I am so glad you chose this book, Dhruti! I think it is FANTASTIC. Do you use Twitter? You can find Samhita Arni at Twitter here:
    Samhita Arni at Twitter
    :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, Laura. I have a twitter account, but I RARELY get on it.

    ReplyDelete