Tuesday, February 28, 2017

Reading Notes: Sister Nivedita's Krishna, Part A

For Week 7, I chose to read Krishna by Sister Nivedita. When I first chose it, I thought it would take forever to read, but I was quite surprised to see how short it was.

The first part of Krishna was about Lord Krishna's birth, about how He was born in jail to one mother, but raised by another mother.

The first portion of the book also talked about when Lord Krishna fought with the great big, Kaliya Naag, and when He lifted the mountain to save all of his fellow villagers from a gigantic flood sent by Lord Indra.

If I were to write a story, I would connect it with Gokuldham Society and how everyone is always ready to help one another.

Some of my favorite stories that I've heard of Lord Krishna are the first part. I look forward to reading Part 2 and see what it contains.

Click here for a reading guide for Sister Nivedita's Krishna.

Krishna fighting with the great Kaliya Naag.
Source: (Google Images)

No comments:

Post a Comment