Monday, February 20, 2017

Wikipedia Trail: From Trivikrama To Guru Granth Sahib

Since I wrote about Trivikrama not too long ago, and I don't remember the story of Trivikrama exactly, I looked it up, therefore creating the start of my Wikipedia Trail.

When I put in "Trivikrama" as my search terms, it actually took me to the page of Vamana, but Lord Vishnu's Trivikrama is defined on the page as well.

On Vamana's page, I saw a link for Lord Vishnu's Kalki's avatar, and that is His avatar for this yuga, so I went to that page. From there, I learned that a yuga is equal to ten thousand years. No wonder I haven't heard of Lord Vishnu's current birth yet!

From the Kalki page, I went to the page of the current yuga, Kali Yuga. It was said by Lord Krishna that this yuga will be full of hardships for people with virtues and values. Boy do I believe that!

From the Kalki page, I went to the page of Guru Granth Sahib. The Guru Granth Sahib is the holy book of Sikhism.

This is a picture of the cover of the Guru Granth Sahib.
Source: (Wikipedia)

No comments:

Post a Comment